8 REASONS FOR REPLACING YOUR DOOR LOCKS WITH G&M LOCKSMITHS
Your number one priority is to protect your home from a possible burglary or theft but to be able to do this you will need high security door locks. Door locks are your main defence when/if your property becomes a target to burglars, thieves, which is why it is vital that you invest in secure high-grade locks!
If the security at your home has been compromised in any way, then obviously your main priority is to get your locks replaced with new ones as soon as soon as possible so you can take back control of the security of your property.
Reasons for changing your door locks.
1. Lost or misplaced keys and you are worried about them being found and then used by the WRONG person.
2. Tenants that have moved out and they might have had an extra key cut to the property that you do not know about.
3. Time to upgrade your locks because they are old or for insurance quality requirements, to make sure that you are properly covered with your household insurance. Door locks can deteriorate with time and age. Locks that are showing signs of deterioration will need to be replaced.
4. Moving or moved into a new home and you are worried about people having duplicate keys. Even if it is a new build, you still cannot be sure of any copies of your keys have been made. Fitting new locks will give you peace of mind that there are no duplicate keys lying around which would leave your property at a higher risk of being broken into.
5. If you have experienced a break in, then replacing your locks is a must! When burglars break into your property, they damage they locks. It does not matter it your locks have been picked or fully broken, your doors will not be secure.
6. A damaged or faulty lock needs replacing.
7. Your key is broken or stuck in the lock. If you have broken your key off inside the lock or even if it is just stuck, then you need to call a locksmith out as soon as possible. If you try and use force to remove the key then the key could snap off, breaking inside the lock cylinder. Do not try twisting or forcing the key out. A locksmith has specialist tools for these types of jobs.
8. You may just be looking at upgrading your door locks to the anti-snap locks which are considered the best on the market at the moment and will improve the level of security.
If for some reason you decide not to have your door locks changed then you are leaving your property at risk to more break-ins which is why it is really important that you replace the locks for security and peace of mind.
If you have experienced any of the above, then you need to get your locks replaced as quickly as possible. We have known people to try and change the door locks themselves but sadly you need more knowledge and understanding of door locks than you actually think.
Firstly, you need to make sure that you choose the correct door lock for your type of door and to the correct British Standard and Kitemark. If is not of British standard, then this could compromise the security of your lock and again, depending on which insurance company you are with, they could refuse to pay out on insurance claims if your lock is not to a certain standard.
Let G&M Locksmiths do the hard work for you.
If you choose not to update or replace your locks then obviously you are leaving yourself and your property wide open to a possible break in but if you have decided to change your locks then G&M Locksmiths can help.
What we need to look for is to access if the old lock is a different size and shape to the new one that we need to fit. If it is then we need specialist tools and some joinery abilities to be able to fit your new lock properly and securely. If you do attempt to fit the lock yourself and you did not have the right tools then you could end up causing more damage to the door and would probably have to call out an emergency locksmith to try and fix the damage that you have done.
If you did have to do an emergency call out, then this could end up costing you more money! So let us do the job properly for you in the first place and then you know that it will be done right! But more importantly, to make sure your home is protected and fully secured by experts.
I think we can agree that it would be much more cost effective to call upon an experienced local locksmith to do the work for you. Not only do we carry out work to the highest standard but we also offer free security checks on your home. G&M Locksmith have years of experience, are highly trained and fully accredited, and are also CRB checked and fully insured. We can provide a huge number of locksmith services to domestic and commercial clients covering the whole of Rotherham and the surrounding areas.
If you require any advice or help or you would like to book a free security check by a reasonably priced and reliable locksmiths in Rotherham then get in touch with us on 01709 318512.